Minuteman Technical Institute (MTI) currently offers 15-week and 10-month courses.
If you have any questions about the admissions or application process, please email or call MTI at 781-861-7151.
10-month programs require tuition and operate from late August through mid June.
- Automotive Technology
Applications will be accepted beginning in January 2023.
What Are the Admissions Requirements?
- MTI students must be at least 18 years of age at the time they begin attending the program or soon after it starts. Current high school seniors are strongly encouraged to apply.
- MTI students must have graduated high school or earned a GED/HiSet attainment.
- View all of the admissions requirements.
15-week programs are tuition-free for qualified applicants*; tuition is required for those who do not qualify. Veterans' Benefits are accepted. These programs are funded through grants from the Commonwealth's Workforce Skills Cabinet.
15-Week Courses beginning in January and February 2023:
- Carpentry Pre-Apprentice
- CNC Machine Operator
- Facilities Management
*Do I Qualify For Free Tuition?
The 15-week programs are cost-free for the following qualified applicants:
- Anyone who is unemployed
- Middlesex County residents who earn less than $63,900 gross annually
- Suffolk County residents who earn less than $45,500 gross annually
- Worcester County residents who earn less than $46,700 gross annually
- Essex County residents who earn less than $50,000 gross annually
- Most recent high school graduates
Additional Requirements for Free Tuition for 15-Week Programs:
- Be 18 years of age or older and eligible to work in the U.S.
- Be a resident of Massachusetts
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Pass CORI/SORI (criminal and sex offender background check) and drug test
MTI is offering these programs in collaboration with Commonwealth Corporation and local MassHire Career Centers:
Please email or call MTI if you need assistance with the process at 781-861-7151.