About the Program
The Welding program provides students with real-world experience in addition to the ability to graduate with certifications sought by employers. The curriculum offers practical skills in welding theory and welding practice. A wide range of skills surrounding welding and sheet metal are presented. The students will be trained in many forms of welding using up-to-date equipment.
Hours and experience can be used toward attaining an apprenticeship and Ironworker Journeyman's License following completion of the program.
- Hand and Power Tools
- Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW)
- Oxy Aceltylene
- Plasma Cutting
- American Welding Society (AWS) 3G or 4G (required to pass to Part II.)
- Gas Metal Arc Welding (GMAW)
- Gas Welding
- Arc Welding
- Gas-Shielded Welding
- Semi-Automatic Welding
- Weld and Fabricate Using SMAW and GMAW
- Structural Fabrication
Collaboration with MassHire and Commonwealth Corporation
Minuteman Technical Institute is offering the CNC Machine Operator program for through a collaboration with Commonwealth Corporation, the MassHire Career Centers, and the Governor’s Workforce Skills Cabinet.
MassHire Career Centers will support trainees through the application and eligibility process, provide employment assistance, and 90 days of support upon completion of the program.
- August 21, 2023 to December 21, 2023
- 290-Hour Program
- Classes meet Monday through Thursday from 4:30-9:30 PM
- Days and times subject to adjustment.
In addition to classroom time, students are required to participate in online course work.
This training is provided COST-FREE for the following Massachusetts residents:
- Anyone who is unemployed
- Middlesex County residents who earn less than $63,900 gross annually
- Suffolk County residents who earn less than $45,500 gross annually
- Worcester County residents who earn less than $46,700 gross annually
- Essex County residents who earn less than $50,000 gross annually
- Most recent high school graduates
The Welding program is supported by grant funding from the Massachusetts Workforce Skills Cabinet.
- MTI Metal Fabrication/Welding Certificate
- OSHA 30-Hour Construction Safety
- American Welding Society (AWS) d1.1
- Mass. Highway D1.5
- Stainless Steel
- Apprentice Welders
- Commercial Diver Welder
- Equipment and Supply Sales
- Iron Worker
- Mechanical Engineer
- Metal Fabricators
- Service Representatives
- Welding Engineer
- Welding Inspector
- Entry Level Salary: $33,380
- Potential Salary: $60,000+
- 2017 Mean Salary: $51,240
- Job Growth Rate: 6%
*Salary information provided by Bureau of Labor Statistics and Massachusetts Office of Labor and Workforce Development