MTI students are provided an area in the building for dining during breaks, or before class.
Upon proper registration, and as outlined in the Student Handbook, MTI students are welcome to park in the student lot.
At the beginning of each year, students will receive a photo identification badge. Students are required to have his/her ID badge on their person at all times while on school grounds.
Students and parents may visit the website after 6:00 am or call the school 781.861.6500 to receive school closing information. In addition, a computerized phone call will deliver the information.
Minuteman provides students with real-time, online access to grades, progress reports, report cards, and attendance. Minuteman uses the online platform Aspen to accomplish this.
Minuteman provides its students with a dedicated and personalized email address. To set-up your email address, please click on webmail.
CTE RULES TO LIVE BY
1. Work quietly and attentively.
2. No food (gum, candy, cookies, etc.) or drinks (except water) are allowed in the lab/shop area unless the
activity has been approved by the instructor.
3. Never indulge in horseplay, wandering senselessly or create disturbances. Such behavior might distract
others and cause an injury.
4. Keep tools and equipment under control. Do not scatter. Keep them off the floor and return them to
their secure location when they are not in use.
5. Keep tools and equipment clean and in good condition. Report any tool or equipment that is broken or
unsafe to the instructor.
6. Always use the proper tool for the job.
7. Do not put sharp objects into pockets.
8. Keep all workstations clean at all times.
9. Make sure clothing is suitable for the job. Do not wear dangling ties or loose sleeves that could catch in
rotating machinery. DO NOT WEAR RINGS, CHAINS, ELECTRONIC DEVICES or BRACELETS DURING SHOP
10. Keep hands, clothing and hair away from moving parts. LONG HAIR MUST BE TIED UP or a NET WORN.
11. SAFETY GLASSES MUST BE WORN AT ALL TIMES AS REQUIRED BY CAREER PROGRAM POLICY.
12. Always wear appropriate shoes for career area. NO OPEN TOE SHOES ARE ALLOWED IN ANY CAREER
13. Read and understand the instructions that explain how to operate the tools or equipment. Have the
INSTRUCTOR CHECK THE JOB and GRANT PERMISSION to operate the tool or equipment.
14. ALWAYS report unsafe conditions to the instructor.
15. When any lifting is required, lift in such a fashion that the strain is absorbed in the legs and arms.
NEVER lift when unbalanced or when standing on slippery floor. Use legs, not back.
16. Know the location of the fire extinguishers, fire blankets, first aid kits, and other safety and first aid
devices in your room.
17. Know where the closest fire exit is.
18. Make sure that all SAFETY GUARDS are in place before operating any power tools.
19. Stay away from areas designated as “Restricted,” “Off-Limits”.
20. Complete individual Career Area Safety and Occupational Training.